Friday 14 March 2014

Men Beware, This Is What Happens If You Don't Replace An Empty Toilet Roll.

Whoever uses the last few sheets, should really put a new roll out!

It seems that even this is too much trouble for most men ( a case of Mum having always done it for them? ) and yet, I tend to think that if they lived on their own, they would be much more jacked up! The least they could do is to put the empty roll on top of the closed toilet lid. You know, to warn the next user...

Anyway, Bob got his toilet-paper karma indeed.

He usually does his walk at about 4 pm and as he was walking out the door, I remembered that we were extremely low on loo - paper. So low that we might not survive the night nor morning!

" Wait, Bob, please can you buy a roll of toilet paper at the tearoom? "
To give him credit, he didn't mind but only asked me to fetch him a plastic bag so that he could hide his purchase in it.

Bob is a typical man and buying loo paper is not on his list of favourites. Especially because I only want the 2/ply or 3/ply type. Buying toilet paper involves a vigourous reading of labels as the 4/ply kind tends to block the loo in no time. Oh, I just recalled Bob's brother's account of how they used loo paper during their army days...but I think that might be a bit risque to write!

As is Bob's habit when he comes back from his walk, he knocks on the door so I can let him in. The sight that met me, had me burst out laughing. In fact I told him to wait while I got the camera. Bob, who went out with a plastic bag, to hide the toilet roll, was standing in front of me with a ten pack of toilet paper...and an embarrassed look.

" They only had the big packet!!! This was so embarrassing. At least two cars hooted at me and waved while having a good laugh at the same time. "
Oh, the shop doesn't sell singles and there poor Bob had to traverse our neighbourhood roads with a big & unmissable huge packet of loo paper.

This put him in a tight spot: He wanted to get home as fast as possible because he was extremely embarrassed, but if he suddenly started to run with his purchase...everyone would wonder if he had the ' trots ' too!

Life is great here in our Burgenland and never a dull day indeed...

Biggi

Poor Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment