Tuesday 15 October 2019

The Brilliant Positive Energy Of Animals.

We tend to forget how genuine they are.

It stands to reason that the princess is #1 in our lives but this morning I had an encounter with another amusing animal. A dog this time and we all know what mischief, pleasure and fun dogs can be.

Atop the Deutsch Schützen wineberg I heard him before I saw him. The first few barks were more of a ' take care, vicious dog here ' but once he realized that the sound of my feet and rustling of my wintry jacket weren't invented to hound him, his bark turned friendly with nosy enquiry intermingled with his owner's futile attempts to call his hound to heel.

Oh I thought, I haven't seen you before. A new canine to meet and greet. His owner's strictures of following orders went over the top of his two cute and floppy ears as he barreled towards me, feet hardly touching the ground and tongue lagging on the side. The sun glinted off the rhinestones on his collar-devilishly well clad dog indeed- while his owner shouted;

" Don't let him jump up. He'll just make you dirty but he won't hurt you. "
Well, I wasn't in any doubt to this hound's intention. In fact, I encouraged him along, and was rewarded with him enthusiastically bounding into my shins. Cunningly I had grabbed his collar so that he would stay earthbound. But, what a cutie pie. A long haired dachshund with the most mischievous eyes and straggly coat. He was thrilled to bits with my attention and his owner gave in gracefully, knowing that his darling wouldn't take in any of his commands whilst he was getting a cuddle from me.

The whole encounter didn't take more than perhaps three minutes but that was plenty of time for this pups joie de vivre to have rubbed off on me. How marvelous that we have the opportunity to converse with animals and to have their adoration given to us without any expectation apart from a cuddle. Dogs can teach us a thing or two about how to be better persons and to live in the here and now while being happy with our wonderfully ordinary lives.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment