Tuesday 22 October 2019

The 'Fad' Has Taken Roots In Suedburgenland.

And a pleasure it was to shop at the Spar in Kohfidisch

In this past year and a half I have learnt a great deal about supermarkets and their wares. One has to when turning vegan in a predominantly carnivore area. Look, it isn't as though we buy many processed vegan goodies but now and again they are nice...if they are available.

In the beginning they had soy-milk and tofu which considering their customer base, wasn't that bad. Vegetables, beans and fruit were always on hand ensuring that we never felt deprived.

Well, every few months a new vegan morsel appeared on their shelves and often stayed there. Not every vegan wants to eat vegan schnitzel and such, but their vegan grill sausages were great lifesaver over the BBQ season.

My Schatzi had run out of beer over the weekend and thus I hastened to get some more at the Spar in Kohfidisch along with the odd potato, tofu and soy sauce. Of course I perused each aisle with precision and I was flabbergasted to see that they have upped their vegan ante a whole lot.

Three types of vegan schnitzels, three types of vegan cheese, a vegan feta, vegan Activa yoghurt, vegan ice cream, vegan range of cookies and two types of big frozen pizzas to name but a few.

Wow, what happened? Naturally I am thrilled to bits though that our little Spar has found the initiative to stock so many options for us to have. Obviously there must be more than the four of us in our area adhering to a vegan lifestyle and when I told the cashier how thrilled I was she confirmed it by telling me that vegan products had taken off like crazy and that everyone was buying them...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment