Thursday 17 October 2019

Well, The Cat's Out Of The Bag.

Ah, the kitchen is shown appreciation!

The grass root network, bush telegraph or just mere word of mouth have worked its magic. A new player's in town. Well, it all happened two nights ago.

Mausi and I were dozing in front of an open lounge window when the noise of the rubbish being dealt with penetrated both of our minds. She wanted to go and investigate whilst I sagely closed the window, not knowing who or what had caused this ruckus. Eventually I forgot about it and prepared to face another great day in Eisenberg.

Feeding time for our outside Mr had dawned or rather I couldn't without guilt watch his parading up and down outside the window thus I went outside equipped with a can of his favourite. He was ecstatic to see me but when I happened to first go and throw some rubbish in our bin, I couldn't help but notice another pair of eyes following my every move from within an upturned cardboard box.

Jikes, at first I got a huge fright not knowing what it was. Fox, martin or cat? But, it was an elderly cat, on apparently her first visit to cat haven. Her pitiful glance was enough to touch my heart yet, despite my enticements she didn't want to come out of hiding although when eventually she did amid a flurry of deep meows, I took flight not wanting to accidentally be bitten.

I fed the boy and to my amazement he stood aside for this new cat to take first dips at the dinner bowl. No if buts or growls! Goodness, could this new cat be a relative of sorts or perhaps a spouse? Suffice to say that this cat ate most of the food and then disappeared before I could show him ( not sure if it is a male or female ) to Bob once he got home.

Earlier this afternoon I glanced outside the window and there he was. Almost an hour early for dinner time but sitting nicely with the aloof eccentricity of a house cat awaiting and wondering if yesterday was a figment of his imagination or the precursor to a life spent like Riley...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment