Saturday 5 June 2021

A Growing Repertoire Of Vegan Offerings At The Supermarket.

A growing market, a growing awareness.


We were in Oberwart this morning and went to a Spar supermarket, mainly because we had four 25% off stickers. Yes, isn't it crazy what one does for a few savings? I think it is more the thrill of it. Twice a month the Sunday paper includes these discount stickers ( 8 times 25% off a grocery product ) and I have to say, it is quite groovy to scour for those special items which we don't normally buy or else decide on the most expensive one in the basket in order to plant those stickers on top. Brilliant marketing and it must be successful as other supermarket chains are doing the same.

Anyway, there I was stocking up on vegan butters, cheeses and tofu oh, and two frozen vegan pizzas ( Bob loves them ) and I couldn't help but notice how many new vegan items they had on the shelves. Items that I often read about in the English and American vegan magazines, which means that we, here in our small Oberwart are at the forefront of avant-garde vegan stuff. Love it.

When I went through at the till and saw that there was nobody behind me, I told the cashier how nice it is that they have such a prolific array of vegan stuff. Amazingly she told me that she too had noticed how many more people have vegan items in their shopping baskets. Yeah for us!

The more these items are bought, the more they will order and perhaps even more variety. But what I think is great that this means that Oberwart and the surrounding area has many vegans living in it. Fabulous! Can't wait what the next few years will bring in the way of vegan food trends that are taken up here in our neck of the woods...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment