Monday 14 June 2021

Is There Anything Nicer Than An Early Start To The Day?

 Up before the chickens.


Bob is working in vineyards that are about ninety minutes away from us which meant that he had to leave home at a quarter to five this morning. Sun almost up and the air as crisp as could be. Now that was a welcome change because the last few days have been horrid; hot and humid although the temperature gauge never climbed above mid-twenties. 

We set the alarm for three and all of us apart from Miss Mausi who decided on another hour of slumber, met the day early. Even Maxi stretched himself awake and couldn't wait to greet Bob. Gosh, he is a daddy's boy. The minute he hears Bob's voice, cough or car he gets unbelievably happy and does twirleys and little barks of joy. Too cute and heart melting.

We gave Maxi another half bowl of his food yesterday evening- a handful of his dog pellets-- but, perhaps I need to tweak that and give him his second helping at lunch. He kept walking about looking pleadingly at me and so I took him out a quarter to four this morning. We made it across the road just in time. Poor baby, having to wait for someone to take him outside! As soon as he was done we headed back in which slightly confused him, but what could he do...

Once Bob had left the two of us went for a nice long walk. Long for Maxi but he really enjoyed it and didn't stop once. My step counter told me the distance was 2,2 km. Brilliant! He is getting fitter by the day.

This week I am in charge of  watering and weeding the village flower beds and today I had that under control before six. I tell you, getting up early is fantastic and makes one accomplish such a lot before nine. After the flower watering I  went for my long walk and got home just after seven. Too early to mow the lawn so I stripped the bed and put on a load of washing. The lawn was next and I had everything sorted by a quarter past nine.

Getting up this early almost feels like an adventure, or like those times when as children we got up to go on holiday. Oh, great memories of piling into the back of a packed beetle bug at three in the morning and mum driving all of us  to Italy for a week's holiday. So for me getting up early is good on all levels and apparently, also a plus for the domestic to-do list...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment