Sunday 6 June 2021

Fostering Two Orphaned Dogs.

 Maybe we can help a bit.


Their owner died two days ago and I couldn't bear to see them stay alone in their home with only being taken out for walkies by me. Other possibilities but at the moment the best one is to foster them until something is sorted out. Bob was the one who suggested it although I secretly have been thinking of fostering them if the worst happens.

Yesterday I went to fetch them. Packed all their paraphernalia which let me tell you, isn't little! Gosh, the little old Maltese has a whole lot of t-shirts, jerseys and raincoats. The younger French bulldog has to make do with what nature gave her. Anyway, as you might have guessed, our Mausi could and is a spanner in the works. Having had the run of us and the house for ever, she now has to witness two dogs taking over her fiefdom. 

Hissing and growling aplenty, dashes into safety too and on the other side, a playful pug who just wants to play with her. Each and every time it catches a glimpse of Mausi, running and dashing ensues. We let them be at it and are hoping for the best.

Last night, after they finally settled down after what must have been a whirlwind afternoon of change for them, I couldn't help but smile when the house was featuring sound surround snoring all around. Yes, two dogs, Bob and at times me. Who knew that dogs could snore so loudly?

The walks are a breeze as we are surrounded by forests and stone paths. The inaugural meeting with our next door neighbour couldn't have been more awkward; she called me over to chat about this new development as I started out the walk ( the most important time in the walk in regards to #2's ) and as luck would have it, Mali ( the pug ) left a huge christening gift on her lawn. Thankfully I had a bag for such situations but it wasn't much fun picking up a steaming heap in front of her. Nonchalance was the order of the day!!!

What the next few days will bring I don't know but both of us are glad to be there for these orphaned dogs, as they didn't ask for this to happen. Hopefully Mausi will come around and show a bit of kindness to these two...

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment