Wednesday 3 July 2019

Postal Service With A Smile.

Hurrah for Burgenland and Eisenberg .

Technology, quelle surprise, has overtaken us with a bang. Our modem wasn't up to scratch and dare I say old fashioned. I only know because the kind young man on the helpline had a bit of a chuckle at our outdated hardware. Cheeky monkey. But I suppose anything older than two years is considered de trop. Our TV got stuck repeatedly which is what got me to phone the A1 helpline. A couple of minutes later a new modem, a Ferrari modem was winging its way to us in Eisenberg from the lofty technological fortress of Vienna.

" Madam, you need more speed and I that is what I'll send to you. "
who can say no to that and without waiting for Bob's input, I agreed.

Getting anything larger sent by post means waiting for the postman to ring...twice! We were just so excited at the prospect of having more oomph that I tried to plan my day around the postal delivery. I thought it might arrive today but as luck would have it, I was lending a hand to my folks in the wine cellar...eh, working not tasting!

As we were getting stuff out the car boot I noticed the yellow post van driving up the road. Bear in mind that it was a few kilometers away in the other Eisenberg but, my ponytail must be distinctive or it is the red of our car, because I heard the brake being applied and our postman coming towards me with a parcel in hand.

" I have got a parcel for you. Might as well give it to you here. Just sign please. "
How marvelous. What service. What a nice feeling. What a great reason to live in a small village. It used to be only in a bar, Cheers, where everyone knew your name, but now the postman knows everyone's names...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment