Wednesday 24 July 2019

Never A Dull Day.

Are men really that stubborn?

I was hoofing it home on the last stretch of my morning walk when I stumbled across one of my neighbours who had just put out his rubbish bin. When they hover after shouting a greeting I know that a chat is on the cards. Love those.

Yesterday whilst queuing at the doc's I had seen him sitting in the waiting room and as one does we exchanged a few words. Not too many as walls do have ears and these ears are always happy to find out why folks are nervously waiting at the doc's. It was no surprise that I asked him this morning how everything was and men are quite happy to oblige, going so far as to flash a leg and show the sore!

Granted, in summer this slightly older chap usually hops about in Bruce Fordyce shorts ( those flappers thought to be the height of running fashion in the early eighties that most women hoped were worn over undies ) but this morning he went so far as to mention that he actually shouldn't expose his leg and sore to sunlight and extreme heat. Well, have you ever.

" Why on earth aren't you wearing longs? Even the doctor told you to! "
" I hate being covered up in summer. "
Before I could help myself I mumbled something along the lines of Bob also having a slightly stubborn streak as he never listens to me either when I ask him to wear more than beach wear for work.

Anyway, he grinned like a naughty schoolboy and we waved our goodbyes. As luck would have it I stumbled across him again a few hours later, not surprisingly prancing about in shorts and t-shirt although the temperature had already surpassed the 30 degree mark.

Oh, you had better believe that I stopped to shoot the breeze...." Where are your longs? " to which he replied full of cheer and with a grin from ear to ear;

" I am like Bob, aren't I?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment