Friday 19 July 2019

A Town Gone Mad.

Early weekend blues perhaps?

Friday, what a choice of day to do the weekly shop but it worked out that way. At least I left early and was in town before nine, along with just about every other shopper it seems.

The modem saga is still ongoing and thus far we've had three different ones sent to us by our provider. As kind as they are on the phone, it is still a bit stressful organizing everything. Luckily Bob is an ace at coordinating these technical things. Anyway, I had to return two of the modems to A1's branch in Oberwart. Piece of cake I thought!

They are very avant garde and have a computer that spews out one's number in the queue..if one presses it! At just 15 min after opening I thought I would be ahead of the pack but my number was 16 and they were only serving number 8 when I got it. Yes, a long wait for a two minute business.

On to the rest of the shops. Now that we are vegans we do need to go to more shops for often just the one item. Be it a soja milk or a Danish vegan butter ( that tastes suspiciously like real butter!!!? ) or tomato juice. It does take more time but I love perusing the different offerings in supermarkets and am always thrilled to discover something new.

At the Billa Supermarket in Grosspetersdorf they had two fresh vegan burger patties which were labeled Impossible burgers. They were a bit small for the price they wanted so I didn't get them but I am still wondering whether they were the ones everyone is going mad over in America and England. Would be nice if Oberwart is next on the list.

It is amazing to see how many people shop so early on a Friday. Every supermarket I went to had to open more tills as people were queuing along the aisles, hindering traffic. At least it means that business is alive and well...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment