Saturday 6 July 2019

The Craziness Of Summer.

The lemmings of fashion.

It started off already whilst we were driving out of Eisenberg. One of its residents and for modesty's sake we won't mention names, was parading and working in his garden clad in what I can only describe as tight, short unflattering underpants. Bob saw it too and before he started laughing I told him in no uncertain terms that he wasn't to wear those ever in public, in fact ever anywhere. I think I should be safe there.

Later on in Oberwart it wasn't much better. Most of the young things are set on lemming themselves onto the newest fashion trend of wearing high waisted shorts so short they can only be described as underpants regardless of whether it suits them or not. Not a look suitable outside of a catwalk.

So, there we were waiting to turn right onto one the main roads in Oberwart, when a youngish girl of perhaps twenty, cycled past wearing an extremely short pair of ' undies '. Well, suffice to say that Bob was left speechless with eyes like stalks and before he even had a chance to turn right, I forced him to go the other way. Imagine driving behind that behind? Men are men after all and those situations could prove dangerous to traffic and in fact there were plenty of drivers turning their heads.

Writing this I realize that I sound a bit like Hyacinth Bucket forcing Bob to go the other way, but in my defence I have to say that the road we'd have been driving behind her on, was a 30 kph zone and it wouldn't have been good for Bob's health to follow that lass at snail's speed.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment