Tuesday 2 July 2019

An Early Morning Cookout.

All in a day's work.

We both woke up at three this morning and before you feel bad for us, consider that we do go to bed at eight as Bob starts work between five and six each morning. Granted, today we were a slight bit ahead of schedule but once awake, always so.

There is a routine we stumble through each morning and it basically ensure that we have a great cup of coffee to start the day with. Honestly, we even have a milk frother to create that cappuccino feel along with a dusting of cinnamon and cardamon. Whilst I was getting the first cup of coffee ready, Bob suddenly remembered that he needed to take his own dinner along to work.

His company is bottling all day today and often it is easier to have dinner there. His boss does provide food for everyone alas, not the vegan kind. So I usually make an extra portion of something the night before and put it in a Tupperware for Bob to take along. Well, not today! Both of us had forgotten and for a change last night's supper had tasted rather moreish so that Bob didn't leave any leftovers. Oops. What to do?

Well, at ten past three this morning I was chopping onions, garlic, tomatoes and tofu in order to make a meal for Bob. I still had some cold noodles in the fridge to add to it, but honestly, there is nothing like chopping onions and co so very early in the morning before even having a sip of coffee.

I was racing against the clock because I needed the food to still cool down enough to put into the plastic dish. Let's just say that this morning I had a huge pile of dishes to wash ( I shifted the food from plate to plate ) but thankfully Bob could take some interesting vegan supper along. I say interesting because whatever I have sent along in the past for Bob to eat, has been inspected carefully by the lady who heated it up for him. Rather a lot of pressure so hold thumbs that the wee taste she'll no doubt have, passes muster.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment