Monday 29 July 2019

A Postal Story.

Following the yellow van.

Books are on the card or rather on route. Divine stories contained between covers are coming our way. Yeah, both of us are elated at the prospect of having the choice of delving into some else's life. Is there anything better than to live vicariously through the eyes of another?

With this modern technology Bob was notified that the books would arrive today which of course prompted him to waylay this information to his wife:

" Honey, the books are arriving today. Try and be there when the postman brings them. "
Missing him means a note in the postbox and a day's delay. I was out at a lesson until eleven and then had to go to fetch curtains from the seamstress which meant that I would miss Günther, the postman. Yikes, I had to make a plan and it was so daring that I felt like that policeman in the new series I have discovered. I drove about the village in search of the yellow van and it did not take me long to find him.

I parked opposite his car ( which was devoid of him ) and waited. A few minutes to no avail. There was nothing for it but to drive off to the seamstress at speed in order to be back when he would knock on our door. Ten minutes later I drove home and lo and behold he wasn't yet at our house but one a few in front of ours.

In true village style and I say that because I wasn't the only one to do it, I stopped behind him ( in the middle of the road too ) and waited until he had delivered the post in order to catch his eye. A shrug and hand signal from me got a similar reply from him. Nothing for us today. Oh dear, I felt quite bad for having cornered our postman like that, but on the other hand I felt rather pleased that he knew who I was and more importantly remembered that there wasn't a parcel for us today...EQ beats IQ every time.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment