Saturday 20 July 2019

Voices From The Past.

Fascinating history.

" Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon. "
Horatio Nelson ( 1758-1805 )
" Do not trust the cheering, for those persons would shout as much if you and I were going to be hanged. "
Oliver Cromwell ( 1599- 1658 )
" The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them. "
Queen Victoria ( 1819-1901 )
" I feel sure that no girl would go to the altar if she knew all. "
Queen Victoria ( 1819-1901 )
" A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black, stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the pit that is bottomless. "
Guy Fawkes ( 1570-1606 ) Counter-blast to Tobacco
" History is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortune. "
Voltaire ( 1694-1778 )
" Old age is the most unexpected of all things to happen to a man. "
Leon Trotsky ( 1879-1940 )
" New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any reason but because they are not already common. "
John Locke ( 1632-1704 )
" I shall be an autocrat: that's my trade. And the good Lord will forgive me: that's his. "
Empress Catherine the Great ( 1729-1796 )

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment