Saturday 27 July 2019

A New Blender In Our Mix.

Domesticity, the new meditation?

If you had told me ten years ago that I would be thrilled beyond measure at the arrival of a new and of course super powerful blender, I wouldn't have believed you. Who blends apart from the toothless?

In our house we are blend crazy and nothing is safe from being chopped to pieces. Hamburgers or should I rather call them beanburgers are a staple but with our old dinky blender it took three or more attempts to get everything chopped. Well, this morning the postman brought our new blender and it should be three times more powerful than our old one. Any vegan worth his salt needs a blender because buying processed stuff defeats the object, even if it is vegan processed food.

We had to motor up to Oberwart for most of the day and as I knew that the weather would be punishing us for our stupidity I chopped two bananas and put them into the freezer before leaving. And lucky I did because it was as hot as I had imagined it.

On our return and once we stashed all our purchases ( Bob has a method to shelving stuff which yours truly tends to undermine with my haphazard flair for putting stuff away ) I took out the frozen banana chunks and frozen strawberries that we had bought, put them into the new blender and hit the on switch. Naturally nothing happened and Bob was summoned. How marvelous to let men shoulder any recalcitrant appliances. Before he could wish this machine to Jericho I fetched the manual and let him read it.

Within seconds he had the machine eating out of his hands and it wasn't long before he made us the most spiffy ice cream ever. It was smooth and delicious and more to the point, it was part of our five a day. The way we both devoured this batch of ice cream bodes rather well for our future fruit consumption.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment