Tuesday 15 June 2021

For The Love Of Broccoli.

 Healthy and nice.

Broccoli, love it or hate it but eat it you should. Personally I love it and could eat it daily. The problem is that broccoli is quite expensive especially if it is organic. We do eat it at least once a week but this morning I listened to another podcast of Dr Micheal Greger about the benefits of broccoli.





They have done studies that showed that eating it daily might stops cancers from spreading and if it can do that, I can only imagine how beneficial it is to our bodies and all those little ills we carry around. Not to mention the aspect of anti-aging, something not to be sneezed at once a half century is reached. 

In the podcast he mentioned that when the studies were done the participants were given dried broccoli powder. Gosh, that seems much easier and luckily today I saw a container of dried organic broccoli powder in the shop. Oh yes, I bought it. Pricey but still much cheaper than buying them fresh, which I can only do with my weekly shop.

A moment ago I made myself a smoothie with this delightfully green powder, a handful of sesame seeds ( another podcast of that mentioned clinical trials done on people with knee osteoarthritis showed that eating sesame seeds every day lessened the pain drastically ), an overripe banana and a pear. Delicious and nutritious. 




Summer is perfect for smoothies and a great way to include more fruit into my day. For the next few weeks I will give this broccoli powder a go and see what benefits I am going to reap....imagine if broccoli is the panacea for those dreaded wrinkles and sagging skin. Can't wait to get started on this new anti-aging regime!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment