Sunday 13 June 2021

I've Become The Parcel Lady...

 ...a doggy parcel that is!


What is the etiquette with a dog's business when walking in nature? Is there one? There is such a wide spectrum of nature; is your neighbour's neatly cut lawn included, perhaps the verge of a forest road with homes across from it or the overgrown field. Hard to tell and if it weren't for prying eyes I might not use the bag overly much if my dog's offering drops on anything resembling green.

In a strange way I have become a pro at wielding this tiny blue bag from inception to disposal. Even the frequency of use isn't a mystery to me anymore. Gosh, our little Maxi ( 12 year old Maltese ) really has a good digestive system and can use it up to three times a day.

The only age related issue when it come to walkies is the fact that he needs to go within a minute of going out the front gate and because of his age, he can't run quick enough to head for the nirvana ( for me ) of the overgrown field. No, I am lucky if he doesn't go in the middle of the road. What can you do...if you need to go, you need to go and my luck that means a host of prying eyes watching like eagles whether I pick it up or not!

So, that's why I need to take these plastic ( biodegradable ones but still  plastic ) bags in order to pick up his #2s. Yeah, dog owner's privilege! Thankfully my sense of smell is still partially on hiatus so, one good thing related to my corona infection. Oh, and the other one being that my anti-bodies are apparently off the charts ( good ) and therefore only need one dose of the vaccine. Well, always look for the silver lining.

Bob got his call for the vaccination yesterday afternoon and is as of now vaccinated. Good. Still waiting for my phone call but sure it won't be that much longer. So, life is good and I am very grateful for it...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment