Sunday 27 June 2021

The Comic Features Of Taking The Dog Out Very Early.

 Practically before sunup.


Not that I am crazy or something, but at the moment we start the day extremely early so that Bob can get to work early enough to avoid the heat during his shift....and we are about to start even earlier so that bods well for Max and my early morning adventures.

We have a routine. As he can't see well at all, I clap my hands to notify him that finally I am ready to take him for a long walk. The walk to do his major business, which I am learning to read the signs of its imminent arrival! Mornings, despite what time they start, are usually hectic trying to get everything prepared and ready before taking him outside.

Once outside he runs like mad with sheer joy of being outside in the coolness of an early morning. Funnily enough, when I take him out in the afternoon his joy is tempered and often the walk just lends itself to concluding any pressing business before he wants to go back inside for a nice relaxing time in his basket.

But this morning was comical to say the least. About 200 meters into our walk as he slowed down to sniff another dog's business card, I couldn't help but notice the adjacent house's window being open. The open window showed a flickering reflection of early morning  tv viewing. Seen it before but not with the sound of espresso being made.

Gosh, there was a recurring noise that sounded like the grinding of coffee beans but slightly louder and at on and off intervals. Goodness, what on earth? Well, when I worked out what that sound was I nearly burst out in loud laughter...someone was snoring like a trooper. Either husband or wife but, regardless, I am glad not to live next to them because that noise carried for a few meters.

Perhaps, as both of us also have an affliction to do with snoring ( or so Bob says!!! ) we should keep our windows closed just in case someone takes an early morning walk and might think it was me...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment