Friday 13 May 2022

Another Weekend Already.

 Gosh, this Friday got here rather quickly!


Just the other day it was Monday. In fact it felt like yesterday to be honest. Bob reminded me this morning that it has been two weeks since our friends had arrived for the wine festival. Isn't it funny how we look forward to an event for months and months only for it to be over in a twinkling? 

Walking my daily rounds with Maxi lets me ruminate on the neighbourhood and its people. It has almost been a year since he moved in with us and in that time I have noticed many a changes and many a personality whilst walking past. Very interesting and keeps my mind occupied while Maxi deigns to dawdle along. At times he can try the patience of a saint!

The last few days it has been extraordinarily hot. Hot like it usually is during August. Cloyingly hot, annoyingly hot and certainly not wished for hot. There is no chalking this one up to ' it's normal, we've had it this hot in past as well. " No, even hardcore denialists will have to change their mind and tune.

Time to get stuck in. Travel less, mow less, consume less and think more about doing the right thing. Often I see the younger generation down the road drive literally fifty meters in order to visit their parents. Goodness me, don't they realize that they will be the ones bearing the brunt of the climate change? Honestly, I have to make a concerted effort not to say something to them!

So, it is Friday and the start of our weekend. Long my it feel, and blissfully uneventful may it be. A whole two days of sleeping in late ( until five at least ), eating pizza and generally enjoying being at home.

Biggi 


No comments:

Post a Comment