Tuesday 24 May 2022

Maxi Got His First Clue From The Opened Window.

 ...and I had to have opened it!


Who knows at just after three in the morning what the weather might bring? Especially with our triple glazed glass windows. But open the window I did wanting to contact the new day only to be surprised by the hard sound of rain falling.

Yes, the rain had sneaked up on us during the night-yes, we desperately need it-but when one has a dog who despises rain, it wasn't a good start to the day.

Mr Maxi had vetoed a final walk last night which meant that by the time I had opened the window he had gone without a loo break for over twelve hours. Don't blame us, we valiantly tried everything to entice him for his final pee-pee break, but alas, he didn't budge an inch! Stubborn little man! So, by the time our alarm clock went I was quick in getting up and putting on proper clothes in order to take Maxi outside for his long overdue toilet break.

One would think that his bladder was bursting, wouldn't one? The moment I opened the window and heard the rain, I realized my mistake as the mister might be blind in one eye but can hear a pin drop across the room. He wouldn't budge an inch. For over an hour I tried to take him outside to no avail. You might think I should just leave him be; but don't forget most of our house has wooden floor boards and any liquid, god forbid pee-pee, seeps into the cracks rather quickly.

Eventually after an hour he deigned to be taken outside and even that, reluctantly. Thankfully he used the ablutions and at least that worry was off my mind, but he wouldn't go any further than twenty meters. No way, not in a million years. As small as he is, he has a will of steel and consistency. Can't help but admire him!

What can one do but to learn from today's affair...check the weather before opening the window within earshot of the little scamp. Who said that life with a dog was boring....?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment