Thursday 4 June 2020

A Yummy Vegan Lunch.

Leftover salad on the menu.

It is warm enough to make a salad sound tempting and so that is what I made. Only this morning they had a segment on Puls 4 Breakfast Show about the amount of food that each and every one of us wastes per year. Good food, edible food. With that in mind, I ransacked the fridge and took out cooked black beans ( cooked it myself ), homemade sprouts ( at the moment my sprouting is successful ) and lettuce that wouldn't make it to the next day, coupled with shriveled up carrots which tasted surprisingly sweet. Oh, and trying to ensure my five fruit a day, I decided to cut up an apple and make it a sweet and tangy affair.

Honestly, I wasn't so sure about the apple but it turned out great. Onions and garlic completed the taste sensation and just like that, I had an absolutely fantastic salad. So easy to assemble and despite its looks, rather cheap too. Cooking beans from scratch is a lifesaver and so versatile.

So you see, a vegan lunch doesn't have to be grated carrots and apples...still can't believe my luck in having discovered this way of eating and way of life. Wish I had discovered it earlier, but then, more than likely I would have thought the same as most of you...
VEGAN, What Can You Eat Apart From Vegetables?

The end result, not too shabby, is it?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment