Wednesday 24 June 2020

Trims For Hedge And Bob.

Midweek madness indeed.

Two weeks ago I managed to trim one part of our hedge ( at least 50 meters in total ) and today I thought that the second half was in order. Finally we have got rid of the terrible storms and for the time being sultry summer weather has descended. Splendid for garden work. Once I had gotten back from my walk and had taken Miss Maus for hers, I started.

Wheelbarrow, shears and clippers in tow I got to work. Our hedge is natural, overgrown and not conformist and I aim to keep it like that by cutting it by hand. None of those lazy modern electrical sheers. Surely gardening should be a workout? Not that I haven't had many offers to use other people's, but I get a kick out of sculpting the hedge one meter at a time.

Never uniform, always individual and most certainly more interesting than the manicured property circlers that are favoured by everyone in the village. Two hours, one passer-by ( very important as my work effort will be retold! ) and plenty of bugs later, the hedge was done and I was finished! Felt quite nice to see the before and after side by side. I even outdid myself and cleaned the ground underneath it. Great workout, mentally and physically.

As for Bob, he has taken a liking to my ability to use the clippers on his hair ( otherwise he would wait for Albert to do it and sport long hair ) as well as realized that corona is still an issue when cutting hair and doesn't want to endanger Albert. Never mind, I am rather getting the hang of it and might branch out by creating a short style for my honey...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment