Tuesday 17 November 2020

A Plate Of Onions.

 There is a plus side to loosing one's sense of smell & taste.


Look, I don't wish it on anybody as it makes eating rather bland, but there are some benefits to it. Yesterday I was listening to a radio program and on it a professor ( not sure of what ) mentioned the benefits of leaving raw, roughly sliced onions around the house.

Good for absorbing the odd bacteria floating about and hopefully neutralizing it. Also it may help some cold and flu symptoms so it might just come in handy during our current dilemma. I had forgotten all about it until very early this morning when both of us were sipping our first cup of coffee and feeling a bit stuffy.

When I told Bob what I'd heard he was all for it and so I headed off to the kitchen at a quarter past five to cut up two onions. Not something I would normally volunteer to do whilst drinking my beloved cup of coffee but seeing that I can't smell a thing, I didn't hesitate.

Funny not being able to smell...I tend to assume that nobody else can either. I put a plate next to Bob on the computer desk and one on the windowsill. Looked very pretty but when Mausi refused to walk over it, I realized that the aroma must be a bit overwhelming. Bob bravely soldiered on but mumbled about it not being a nice smell to face this early in the day.

So far the two plates are still about and I can still not smell a whiff of an onion. Brilliant and it makes me wonder what else I could put around our house in the name of health. Home remedies: fun, interesting and affordable...let's hope this works.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment