Thursday 19 November 2020

Mice, Men And More.

 Every winter again.


We've pulled out one side of our couch and sort of made it into a day lounger. Most convenient during a lock down and most comfortable to watch tv on. Also makes a jolly fun hiding place for mice. Hollow structures perfect for hiding from local cats. Eh, little Miss Mausi.

For the last few days she has taken up mouse watch. At times nothing can deter her but so far the pesky small creature( s ) has eluded capture. Doesn't stop me wondering if during my sleep I am being used as a rodent's jungle gym. 

At the moment the princess is asleep on her blanket. Passed out more like. She is exhausted from her attempted rodent capture workload and has taken a break from it. The mice not from us though. I can hear  squeaks and pitter patter of little feet as we speak. Hopefully they'll become more visible once Bob's home as he is far better at picking them up and taking them outside.

This morning's walk ( oh, I am so grateful to be able to walk again ) proved rather funny. There lives a man with his dog in one of the block of flats down the road. Now and again our paths cross whilst out exercising but since the start of the pandemic he has taken to turning the other way the minute he sees me.

Well, this morning he couldn't as there was only one direction to walk and I was twenty meters behind. He quickened his pace, whilst glancing behind him. Gosh, didn't that make me feel special! The moment he could he found a little corner to hide and when I eventually passed him, he actually turned away from me. Honestly, as if I would stop to chat or breathe on him. 

Everyone copes with this pandemic in a different way. At least he is ultra careful which is not a bad thing at all but rather funny when he tries his best to evade me. The other side of our country seems to be not so vigilant. News reports have mentioned that since Austria's hard lock down, quite a number of people have taken to driving to Germany ( Bavaria ) in order to shop. Words fail me on that front except to hope that border controls will be reinstated asap....

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment