Monday 9 November 2020

Ginger Does It.

 The joy of tasting ginger.


Loss of taste is just too terrible for someone like me. Love of food and therefore love of taste are vital. Well not vital but a major part of daily life. Cooking without tasting the food  is rather tragic and sad. 

Now for the last few days I have purposefully  eaten foods that normally would make my eyes water and my toes curl. Sunday morning saw me slice a whole raw glove of garlic onto my toast with tomato. And, nothing. Extra salt, nothing. Well, all day long I worked odd taste sensations into my food to no avail.

This morning a taste movement. I tasted salt on one part of my tongue and was overjoyed. I actually dance around the room and for the next few meal morsels favoured that side of the mouth. In my mind I picture the various taste-nerves to be relit in the same way pins and needles follow a slept on hand.

Each progressive hour I tasted more boldly and a moment ago I ate the piece of fresh ginger floating in my tea. Yikes, my tongue burned in that peculiar ginger style we all know from eating sushi and of course all I can say is, thank god!

Many different opinions are circulating in regards of length of this loss of taste, but I am confident that all will be back to normal in the next few days. Can't wait to cook properly again and can't wait to taste the food in the way it should be...May that have been the worst of my problems...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment