Saturday 14 November 2020

First Day Out.

 A changed world...


I felt like a child at Christmas. Excited and a little bit apprehensive at the same time. Almost three weeks at home without stepping a foot outside our yard. Shoo, at least it is over now.

So, there I was early this morning ready for my first walk in weeks. Apprehensive really as there were so many awful stories buzzing about the internet in regards to lung capacity after corona. Well, so far so good and a little route accomplished in one piece and regular breathing. Still fit.

As I was setting off I noticed that our neighbour two houses down had chopped and cut part of his hedge, garden and trees in it. Everything suddenly looked so bare and different. How long was I inside for? Then I remembered that their daughter is moving back home with family and building a house. Yes, a new house on the street. Very brave in these uncertain times and also considering that the parental house is big enough for three families!

Every house I passed on my route looked different. Some had cut their flowers, some had cut their trees and some had added a story. Yes, yet another house where they have decided to put an additional story on top. With these new wooden instant houses everything is possible...until a strong storm comes along.

Along the way I met three other people, a cyclist, a runner and a man chopping down his hedge. The weather was misty, grey and dry. Perfect walking climes and hopefully that means that this winter will be a bit less cold and a lot more cheerful. Let's wait and see.  Anyway, I am extremely glad and grateful to be able to go for walks again...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment