Wednesday 7 November 2018

A Pattern Emerges.

Animal attraction?

Wednesday, walking with the ladies of Eisenberg day. Thankfully the weather didn't exhibit any bad behaviour which might have enticed everyone to continue slumbering in a warm bed, but actually today started in the most beautiful way. Almost a late summer's day with mist rising to reveal sun-kissed fields and a blue sky. Bodes rather well for winter I think. Perhaps we are living up to our name of being the Florida of Austria.

We chose the ' border route ' which is a rectangular walk along the edge of Hungary and about seven kilometers in length. A nice bit of exercise to get the body going. Along this route are a mob of deer never straying far from one field. Sometimes I walk this route on my own and most of the time stumble across them.

It seems to me that they don't scatter as quickly when they hear me approach as they wait until I am very close ( to their mind although I hasten to add that I wouldn't catch them!! ) before gracefully hopping to safety. Even this morning when there were three of us approaching they stayed their ground yet chose to keep a watchful eye on us.

Closer to home is another one of these stories. Our outside troupe of two feral cats welcomes us home each day which does give one a warm feeling around the heart as feral cats aren't used to mingling with us two footers. Even Tigger despite looking forward to be fed does offer me her head for generous dose of stroking and cuddling.

Of course inside the house is another story indeed. Some days our cat keeps aloof to the point of me going to check where she is and making a bit of small talk with her-yes, yes, crazy I know- and other days she is as clingy as a toddler. Right now she is curled up on my lap and in fact has been shadowing me all day. Loo, kitchen, couch, computer and bedroom just to mention a few. Actually, I like having her by my side and I hope it's mutual.

I do talk to her a lot and somehow she must understand me as she follows commands or rather the ones that suit her.... Cats, regal as can be.

Aren't they stunning?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment