Monday 19 November 2018

First Snow Of The Season.

Cold too.

Okay, the image of snow is a bit overdone as it was a case of snow flakes pirouetting downwards through the smokey air. At the moment the chimneys are spewing out an overdose of smoke for the cold has taken hold. Funny how sometimes a certain temperature is bearable while at other times it is bone chillingly cold.

The dance of the snow flakes started early morning and Bob went to work dressed for a day outdoors although when he got home just now he did tell me that they had all worked in the wine cellar where it was more comfortable. Bob's adjusted to life with snow even being able to navigate an icy road.

Of course I on the other hand tend to go a bit theatrical at the first sight of snow. This morning one of the local school mothers came to the house to ask whether I could come and help her son learn for an impending exam ( in fact, he asked for me even though he is almost in Matric and rather good with his use of English but still, he has become used to my helping him since the start of high school, which I take as a compliment ).

" I'll be happy to help, but if the roads are snowed in, I'll have to cancel. "
I have got to hand it to her...she didn't bat an eyelid whilst explaining that the snow was far too little to have an impact on driving! When I finally ventured outside I did feel like an idiot as the roads were absolutely perfect to drive on.

Most of the day the flakes have continued to fall but luckily onto a warmish sort of ground. They are still melting and morphing into pesky rain and mud. Nevertheless, the Christmas Season has officially started...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment