Wednesday 2 December 2020

Ah, Slightly Embarrassing!

 Checking up on the neighbours...


It was another icy cold morning and it took a lot of conviction to venture outdoors for a walk. There is a reason I walk round trips as once I set off there's nothing for it but to continue on. Method to my madness.

This morning I chose an old yet new route and trotted it to Eisenberg Weinberg. A new dog behind a fence chose to greet me and the whole neighbourhood with self assured barking in order to tell me who's boss around there. Wouldn't dream of going into your yard, woofy!

Christmas lighting seems to have almost popped up overnight and can be a bit blinding what with all the bling and glitz. There's always the one, isn't there? Oh well, each to his own. 

A few new renovations are going on and yet another Kellerstock is being enlarged to make a permanent home out of it. So much for keeping the authentic feel of vineyard nostalgia alive...

Towards the end of my loop I happened to land up outside a house where I do know the residents even if only very casually. Coming from a different angle I took the liberty to glance over the fence to see how they have laid out their garden. Yes, yes, I know I am nosy but isn't that the point of village life, seeing how others live?

One corner of this garden had shiny Christmas deco and I kind of slowed down to take it in whilst also looking at as much of what a glance over their fence afforded.

I almost jumped a foot when all of a sudden a voice boomed out:

                                      " Good morning Birgit! "

Well, awkward and slightly embarrassing. The only thing to do was to nonchalantly mutter a cheery reply and hot foot it back home. Might give that route a miss for a week or so...

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment