Friday 11 December 2020

Friday, What Can I Say?

The weekends keep on coming...


Friday afternoon are usually rather busy with deliveries. Of course everyone wants to stock up for the weekend and thus I have collected a nice bunch of regulars for my deliveries. Well, not mine but you know what I mean...I am the driver during this corona phase.

While I was getting everything together in our local shop I noticed two young men in front of me looking rather familiar. Can't wear my glasses while masked up so I took a while to place them. Good golly, they were two of my English extra lessons boys. All grown up and polite and driving a car. Yep, made me feel a tad bit over the hill but what can one  do...at least they talked to and with me telling me about their lives. Well, technically I asked and they happily replied.

The first of my drop offs was already waiting for me outside his gate. I think he looks forward to chatting with me every week and telling me about some highlights of his week or showing me the cute kittens which made themselves at home in his barn.

Today we chatted for longer than usual ( so much to discuss about corona, lockdown & Kurz ) which caused me to be  about fifteen minutes later than usual. Actually coincided with the butcher's van who attracts local  women like honey does flies. He hoots and they come running. Goodness, how the love of meat prevails. Never mind the fact that he stops and mingles with everyone. Wonder how many infections that might bring?

Fridays aren't they the best...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment