Wednesday 30 December 2020

A Typical Day Of Everything And Nothing.

 A thought provoking trip into Grosspetersdorf.


The roads are blissfully devoid of heavy traffic until one gets into town. Well, one can't really call Grosspetersdorf's traffic heavy but after living in an idyllic backwater area, any amount over twenty cars is deemed to be a traffic congestion. 

It was an errant to fetch medication for a villager that saw me head out after lunch. The problem with small places  ( not sure whether Grosspetersdorf classifies as town or big village? ) is that there are no traffic calmers, such as robots, traffic circles or plain old stop signs. 

As I was already in town I thought I would pop into the new Billa quickly as I wanted to get some soy joghurt which it turned out they didn't have in stock. The supermarket is on the opposite side of where I need to go but as there was hardly a car in sight I took a chance.

Should have known better. When I came out of the shop, with nothing to show for it, traffic on both lanes had picked up and as there aren't any traffic calmers, I had to wait five minutes in order to exit the parking lot. And I had to gap it too so that I could sneak in before the next row of cars came close. Irritating stuff and it makes me wonder why, when they have clearly spent a fortune building this new supermarket, they haven't included easy access and exit from their car park?

The sheer stupidity of it makes me think twice if I want to shop there. Trying to cross a busy main road without any help is not worth the extra goodies this supermarket might have. In any case, there is a different supermarket on the opposite side. One that is easy to access and exit by car and one that is also much more reasonable in their pricing.

Making life easy for your customers is what business is all about....

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment