Monday 7 December 2020

My Shadow And I.

The magic of pets.


You know that we love our cats and especially the princess of them all, Mausi. Each and every day she finds a greater room in our hearts and despite a few naughty escapades, stays there cemented in our love for her. 

This little cat knows every one of my moves. When I put on my walking gear she bides her time without fanfare awaiting my return and her walk outside. When it is my " town " gear that gets put on she gets a bit more quiet and forlorn. It shows by the way she sits sadly on the floor giving me woe begone looks. 

But before I do leave the house she follows my every move. From bathroom to the bedroom and back again. Hanging up the washing is one of her highlights because there is usually a little grin on her face when I battle to hang the wet clothes onto those spindly grates.

Her latest habit involves curling up on our computer desk with her head and front paws dangling over my arm, the one that moves the mouse! Gosh, cuteness overload.

Nighttime is another ritual. The minute she hears the tv go off she emerges from her favourite napping spot, at the moment the warm bathroom floor, and follows us onto the bed. First she cuddles with Bob, waits until he's nodded off and then comes over to my side. Sitting and sleeping on top of my legs is her way of whiling the night away. Never mind that she is quite heavy!

At least once a day I worry that we've locked her out by mistake and go in search of her. All her usual hiding places....often to no avail. This clever minx finds new ones, ones where she blends into the background and only after repeated and frantic searches  to be discovered. Only the other day she chose to burrow underneath the top blanket on our bed with only her little head sticking out. Gosh, she blended perfectly with the colour scheme and looked as cute and as innocent as can be.

Live with our little cat is fabulous and rather adventurous with the only downside being her finicky eating habits. Both of us tend to send out a little prayer hoping she likes what we've dished up for her. Sometimes someone is listening...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment