Tuesday 25 January 2022

An Icy Start To The Day.

 Actually, a couple of icy days...


It is winter so I am not complaining, just explaining my slight winter malaise. The air is chilled and filled with icy atoms. Heating around the clock is not our thing firstly due to to the cost of it and secondly because we don't like the dryness of around the clock heating.

Yesterday the roads were stuck with remelted snow that had frozen again overnight. Yes, didn't bode well and the first few meters Maxi and I took affirmed this. His little paws made crunching sounds with each step and after his business was done he refused to go one step further. Honestly, it was so cold that I was glad of his decision. No argument from me. Ditto for his evening walk!

This morning was a similar situation with crunchiness underfoot. We ventured outside before my first cup of coffee and long before sunup. The road was even icier and poor Maxi had a slight mishap whilst doing his business. His little back foot slipped out from under him whilst he was eh, crouching and I have to say as funny as it was, I felt sorry for the little lamb. Naturally our outside sidekick, Parsley-the former feral, was with us and did a double take.

The boy hadn't exercised for two days and I tried to walk with him around the block but gave up after a couple of slippery mishaps on my side. Not worth a broken bone. He was quite keen to go back inside and who would blame him. Nice and warm abode with breakfast awaiting.

It is absolutely beautiful so early in the morning when it is still dark with the only lighting either provided by the moon, stars or street lamps. Coupled with the white snow covering mostly everything it has a touch of magic. As we turned around I first heard then saw a buck jumping across the road outside our neighbour's gate. Where else could one live this close to and with nature...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment