Monday 10 January 2022

Loving My Wash-Egg!

 Saving our planet one wash at a time.


It must be close to a month now that I have started using this wash-egg. In fact, I think it might be longer but never mind. At least I started using it. Thank you YouTube for letting me watch a BBC program to do with saving our planet. Shop well for the planet, the program that made me aware of this wash option.

So, at first I was skeptic but I thought that seeing the lady on the program enthused so much about it, it wouldn't harm to order one. Sadly the only place to get one was the mighty online giant, but what can one do? At least I ordered the wash-egg that is made in Germany and not one of the prolific selection available that are made in China. Would be besides the point, wouldn't it?

Anyway, the first time I used it I didn't expect much but boy, was I surprised. The washing has never come out this clean. Bearing in mind that I only washed on a 30 degree cycle and in an old washing machine. Of course, the old machines are the best as they last and last. When they were manufactured, it was made to last and just to be sure, I don't overtax the machine with different cycles. One wash cycle for all. It was a generous hand-me-down from mum and by now must be about twenty years old. 

So since owning this wash-egg I have not used any washing powder. The only extra is a vial of lemon grass essential oils for the perfumed aromas we all expect from clean clothes. The other day I rediscovered an old wool cardigan that I purchased in the early 90's and that always gave me hassles when washing it. Hand wash is all very well, but making sure the item dries well and in shape is jolly difficult. Easier not to wear stuff and with that in mind I was about to put it into the recycling bin when I thought it wouldn't hurt to put it in the wash...

This cardigan came out perfect and like new in texture, smell and shape! Absolutely fabulous. Bob's work pants which tend to be heavily soiled with mud, wine and dust, keep coming out perfectly clean. Really amazing to think that there was no washing powder involved. Doing laundry is fun again.

Apart from me loving the wash-egg are the wonderful implications for the planet. Even lone little me has made a difference by not polluting water with the chemicals entailed in washing powder while saving money at the same time. 

Imagine if ten people discover this wash nirvana, like it and spread the word of it, then perhaps another ten or more will do the same. That alone would be a whole lot of chemicals that won't be polluting rivers, oceans and our planet.


My wash-ball-egg!


Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment