Wednesday 5 January 2022

Veganuary In Full Swing.

 An abundance of vegan offerings.


January is used by many as a month of  being or becoming vegan. A chance to try this lifestyle without the pressure of permanence. Of course after a month of vegan life many switch permanently, seeing how easy it is to adopt and how great they feel.

This idea of Veganuary started in Britain but has taken ahold in many parts of the world, Austria included. Today I saw adverts from Lidl & Hofer praising this month of vegan try-out and making sure that a lot of vegan products are on their shelves. Brilliant.

Bob and I were headed into town this morning and did the usual suspects in the line of groceries. Lidl was stacked full with vegan foods, ranging from cheeses, joghurts, schnitzels, chocolates, muffins and fresh ravioli.

Thank goodness I had Bob at my side because I would have bought everything. I couldn't believe it when Bob told me that all of it was processed and not that healthy.( Normally I am the one who tends to veto many shopping trolley residents ) I had a packet of chocolate muffins in one hand and oreo  cookies in the other. Deep down I knew how bad they are but it still would have been nice to try. But still, nicely done Bob. Keep us healthy!

The fact that there is such a variety and abundance of vegan foods ( albeit the processed kind ) stems me happy as it means that more and more people are changing the way they eat and thus helping stop climate change, cruelty to animals and improve their health.

January is also the month where gazillions of people go on a diet, again! If only they realized that eating a vegan diet ( not so much the processed stuff but the fresh and homemade meals ) is the best diet there is, and a permanent one. Weight comes off and stays off. Veganuary would kill two birds with one stone...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment