Sunday 30 January 2022

Finally Enjoying My Kindle.

 A good book helps.


I have always wanted a kindle and finally got one several months ago. Under the premise that I could make use of the Amazon Kindle Library, but sadly that didn't work out. Amazon insists on a credit card despite us having deposited the money into their account, they won't budge. Neither will I. So, no library and the kindle sat sadly on the sidelines of old fashioned paper and ink invasion in our house, waiting. Books, can't get enough of them.

So, the other day I happened upon a review of a thriller that seemed to take the world by storm. Alex Michaelides-The Silent Patient. Upon perusing the online portal I saw that the kindle version was extremely cheap and then and there downloaded it unto the kindle.

Well, I have been reading almost non-stop. The book is fabulous, thrilling and un-put-downable. Holding the kindle feels good and the writing is clear and highly readable. The infamous middle age eye adjustment has landed on my shore too and often reading a paper book, means extending arms or squinting lids. Not always comfortable.

An added bonus, although to be honest that was the main reason of purchasing this reading device, is that it lights up perfectly in a dark room. Reading in bed last night was easy. No light bothering my dear hubby, no page turning keeping him from slumber and no heavy weight of a book threatening to drop onto my face. The kindle is light as a feather and even Mausi was pleased to not be blinded by the reading lamp.

The only negative is of course the lack of a physical book to display on our bookshelf, to be taken out whenever the mood strikes. But, may that be the worst of my problems...

Kindle, thank you for a fantastic way to read during a sleepless night.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment