Saturday 28 October 2017

A Merry Pharmacist Makes Her Customers Smile.

A giggle a day keeps the doctor away.

Today saw the start of this year's alpine skiing season and with that in mind I was already back from Kohfidisch Spar at half past nine. Bob's not feeling that well ( a touch of man flu ) and professed his wish for a nice beef curry for supper and as they say, His wish is my command.

Best laid plans do have a habit of coming undone and so it was, but thanks to the A1's technology of re-run at command, it wasn't a problem because I could see the race later on. I needed to drive via Strem to the hospital in Güssing to drop something off and I was glad to be able to help out. A quick wave goodbye to Bob & Mausi, and my chariot and I headed for Güssing. The weather was nice and the roads not too busy which made the drive a piece of cake.

Having dropped the various things off at the hospital I headed back home but quickly went to the Güssing pharmacy. Saturday morning seems to be prime time and surprisingly ( or not? ) the shop was mainly full of female customers. A young mother with her little toddler was in front of me and I couldn't help but overhear her request.

" My husband has tooth ache and he needs something to help with the pain. "

" Okay, how bad is the pain ? "
There was this sudden silence, the young mother glanced at her toddler clearly still remembering the pain of childbirth and started to tell the pharmacist, who started to laugh out loud:
" Oh yes, say no more. We all know about our husbands in pain!!!! "
Well, now I feel bad for it but I couldn't help laughing and neither could any other woman within hearing range. Goodness me, we are cruel towards our men...as it happens, Bob is an angel when he's sick and takes whichever concoction I mix for him ( this morning it was cumin & black pepper ) without any complaints. I hate to say it, but I think I might be a touch more theatrical whilst sick...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment