Sunday 1 October 2017

Bob Shows Me A Small Corner Of His Office.

What a view.

Bob had to drop something off in Rechnitz yesterday afternoon and I went along to keep him company even though it only took an hour. He's in the midst of harvesting and I don't see him so much at the moment. His boss has a vineyard on the outskirts of Markt Neuhodis and Bob wanted to show me where he often spends time tending those vines with the crew.

Bob's office is amazing, scenic and beautiful. In fact all of the vineyards he works in are amazing, lucky fish indeed. Nonchalantly, as we were driving up the little lane to this vineyard, Bob said:

" You know Schatzi, you should come here with the car and do a nice long walk. "
Eh, I think not as it is at least 20 kilometers from us. Maybe when an adventurous streak hits me. On the way back down the hill, I couldn't believe it when out of the blue a fox slowly crossed the lane. In the middle of the day and as big as a German Shepard.
Oh my goodness, dangerous territory indeed and I have to wonder why Bob wanted me to walk there. " Nagging wife taken by fox " would make great headlines...

As it was a picture perfect Burgenland day yesterday we took the scenic route home. Bob has the wonderful ability and talent of finding out of the way roads and places. If he can, he will forsake highways for the more alluring byways. Only a few days ago he stumbled onto a new village. Well, new to him at least. Zuberbach, and he took me through it. A small village that has a stream running through it with most of the houses situated on either side of it. As small as Burgenland is, it still holds undiscovered treasures for us.

What a great place to work...
Markt Neuhodis in the background.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment