Friday 13 October 2017

An Adoring Fan.

Happily laying at my feet.

They say dogs are some of the best judges of character and I am happy to say that today I've been vetted quite a few times. It began as I set off for my walk and ran across the most delightful puppy being taken for a walk. The minute it saw me, it pulled with all its little might to come and sniff me out.

Waiting until I got the owner's okay, I went ahead and cuddled, stroked and coochy-cooed like mad because this little pup was just so cute. Not so little in size considering it is ten weeks old and almost three times the size of our cat. Well, seconds after having jumped up at me, it lay down at my feet, belly up, gazing adorably into my eyes. Of course I am under no illusion that I might be the only one...but I was heard to murmur that I would gladly take it home.

Feng Shui is right. It says that what happens first thing in the day, will perpetuate all day. Not much further along my walk, I ran across the next dog and its owner. A little cuddle, a little chat and off I went on my merry way with only a few chickens and chicks coming my way for the rest of the walk.

Mid morning saw me visiting a lady who keeps another set of dogs and you guessed it, yours truly had the time of her life playing with both of her dogs. As much as I love our cat, dogs are special in a different way. Their eyes say it all and when they give you their undying attention and loyalty, even going so far as fetching a most revered and favoured toy to drop it at your feet, the heart melts within seconds.

The ultimate in my canine fan club is of course dear Johnny, a lovely Labrador. Now and again I join his owner and him for a walk but often months go by without meeting up. Yesterday as I turned the last corner toward Eisenberg I heard my name called out in the distance. I stopped, turned and saw a waving arm and an excited dog running toward me. Johnny is getting on in years but he nonetheless ran like a youngster, back feet overtaking front feet and it didn't take him long to barrel into me and yap away like mad, telling me all the in's and out's of his life...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment