Sunday 8 October 2017

Another October Fest In The Village.

The senior citizens do have all the fun...

Honestly, I wasn't even aware of it had it not been for a phone call on Saturday.

" Would you be able to take and bring home my mum from the October Fest ? "
At first I showed reluctance as driving to Munich was a bit too far even for me but it turned out that she meant the October Fest organized for and by the Senior Citizen club of Deutsch Schützen. Oh course I was happy to oblige.

It was arranged for a quarter to eleven this morning and as I drove through Deutsch Schützen to pick up this delightful lady, I was amazed at the turnout in front of our local church. The village Who's Who was there ( I know the cars ! ) and I thought to myself that perhaps I have got the dates wrong. Shouldn't everyone have been at the October fest?

Oh well, obviously church held a bigger attraction. About fifteen minutes later I had my ' fare ' in the car. A lady and her carer.

" I'll fetch you later and even if you have a couple of ' Mass ' beer, I'll get you home. Just enjoy meeting up with your friends. "

" Oh gosh no, I couldn't...have to take my medication later on! "

All three of us were laughing at the thought of all this beer's affect when we drove past our local church. A hive of activity. The sermon was over and everyone streamed out of the church yard. Not all to their car, in fact, a whole lot of villagers set off on foot around the corner towards the local hall. Today's venue. Cars and buses were also on route and the whole thing promised to be a huge success.

As I sit here writing, I still have half an hour before I need to go and pick-up the two ladies, and I am rather curious to hear how it all panned out. Earlier on I gave my phone number to the carer in case they need to be picked up earlier, but my phone has been silent. Despite the noise brought on by hundreds chatting over the din of the band, they must be having a great time.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment