Thursday 4 October 2018

Bob's The Man.

A healthy encounter.

Bob and I went to Oberwart today in order to do a stint of shopping followed by lunch at our favourite Chinese. We set off after a leisurely breakfast and eventually landed up at our local shopping mall. To save time and irritation we usually go our separate ways and meet up somewhere later. Men and women have different priorities whilst shopping, haste not often being one of them.

I was in one of my favourite shops, the Health Shop, when Bob found me. The owner and I were talking and she was asking me how our vegan adventure was going when Bob joined us. She looked at me, then at him and out of the blue she stated:

" Gosh, that's your husband. He looks so different now that he's lost so much weight. "
Bob started to grin from ear to ear and I just said ' vegan lifestyle ' to which she turned to me and said:
" Oh, you've not lost any weight with eating vegan. "
Bloody cheek! Of course I have and I told her ( 7 kilos or rather 28 packets of butter ). At least she had the gumption to look a bit sheepish, Bob was elated at being seen as a dishy man and took the time to chit chat with the shop owner giving her tips about our vegan way of life while I had a day of feeling less than fine in front of me. Goodness me, one little comment makes a silly world of a difference. Need to work work on my self esteem.

As for Bob, he was walking proudly next to me, and suddenly became aware of women giving him the once over...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment