Wednesday 3 October 2018

Our Copy Cat.

Part of the family.

As you know we are enslaved by our cat. Our child, really! Lately she has been more clingy than normal resulting in my never being alone in either bathroom, kitchen or lounge. Funny how Mausi can be slumbering next, or to be honest, on me and as soon as I head for the kitchen to stir a pot or cut onions, she follows suit and sits on the floor across from me, watching me slice and dice. Naturally I mention old hand me downs of;

" When you have a family, you'll have to cook as well. "
yes yes, cat owners are a bit on the dilly side!

The last few nights her behaviour has cemented my belief that she sees herself as partly human...when Bob and I head for bed she is never far behind and her footfall on the wooden floor is as accurate as a miaow. Bob has three pillows on his side, the last one more for decoration and reading support which is the one that he puts next to his and my pillow.

It's a big continental pillow and fits in nice and snug. Well, the last few nights her royal highness has taken this as a new location for her to rest her weary body. Yes, she sleeps on this pillow right between us. So comically, there are the three heads in a row...Bob, Mausi and I. Too funny for words how she tends to copy most of what we do. Is that normal or are we just fortunate enough to have reared a genius of a cat...?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment