Wednesday 24 October 2018

The Laundry Lesson Of Life.

From an overenthusiastic laundry person.

Daybreak was dark, windy and emulating the stuff that keeps horror movies in business. Basically, it was as miserable and cold as could be. By eight o'clock the dark clouds and coincidentally, mood had shifted to somewhere else with only squalls of wind left behind. Never mind, walk I did but laundry I dared not.

On coming home from my walk I noticed that the sky was a brilliantly blue hue again with just the odd burst of wind wafting about. Perfect weather to turbo dry washing on the line. Yes, I dared to put in a machine of laundry at half past nine which I then hung up an hour later.

Hung up being the operative word. The wind had started its blustery performance again and that meant doubling down on the pegs. Naturally, I was one step ahead of potential embarrassment by opting to hang up the underwear in our bathroom. Surely, I wouldn't live it down if Bob's briefs or my panties would be strewn all over the neighbourhood. Yikes, just the thought alone...

Over lunch I glanced outside and noticed the strong sunshine. The clothes would surely be dry but yours truley felt a bit sleepy and delayed going outside for a bit. Famous last words indeed. A few moments ago I happened to look outside and noticed drops of rain descending. Oh no, self inflicted stupidity indeed but after hopping outside to take the washing down, I decided to only take a few items inside and let the rest dangle over night, awaiting the promised sunshine of tomorrow.

One could almost draw a parallel to life. There are times when everything isn't going to be hunky dory but if we wait it out, stay the course or put our head down and wade through, obstacle we mistook as problems ( instead of opportunities ) will work themselves out. Maybe differently, maybe better but hardly ever worse. At least I think so...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment