Monday 8 April 2019

For The Love Of Bees.

The foe of bees is heard all over the neighbourhood's lawns.

I was most annoyed and dismayed to hear the buzz of lawnmowers in our village. What about the bees? Surely by now folks have heard about the plight of bees and their lack of available food? Well, not here as you can see. A luscious smorgasbord awaits.
Soon the fight will ensue between Bob and I. As long as possible I am the champion for our bees' snacks. Hold thumbs.
The dandelions are ubiquitous in our yard and sometime soon I must try and use the leaves in a salad or to make a cup of herbal tea.
So far our neighbour has heeded to my pleas. Or perhaps it has to do with his fruit trees not bearing as much fruit as ours last year...
A happy patron on our lawn. Let's hope we will turn the tide of bees dying out. Each of us can make a difference and in any case, the lawns are much more cheerful when clad in yellows and whites...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment