Thursday 25 April 2019

A Healthy Start.

Hopefully another convert.

I admit that I am overly enthused about health and how to get it but that isn't such a bad thing, is it? In any case, my wonderful husband mostly bears the brunt of my healthy madness but as someone asked him the other day : " Gosh what is your secret to looking so young? ", I am sure he'll put up with more of my many ideas and suggestions.

We had family to stay last week and I purposefully kept quiet on our way of eating apart from eating that way. Our nephew, almost twelve, is a typical kid, one who picks at food and isn't overly fond of the healthy variety. Well, day two had me offer him a breakfast smoothie, which he was willing to try. Oh yes, I sneaked in healthy ingredients under the taste disguise of banana and blueberries.

He liked it. He finished it and over the course of their stay with us, he asked me to make him one every day. Yeah! Towards the end I even put in a dash of dried kale ( I do the same with Bob's ), linseed and chia seeds. All the stuff kids normally won't touch. Well, disguised in a banana smoothie, they tasted just fine.

Anyway, about a week after they had gone back home, my sister in law contacted me to ask how to make this infamous breakfast smoothie. Turns out that our nephew had asked her:

" Mum, I really liked that smoothie Auntie Birgit made. Can you ask her how to make it? "
Wow, I can't tell you how fabulous that made me feel. Another convert to healthy eating. Bob's chuffed too and we both hope that the healthy winning streak will continue...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment