Wednesday 3 April 2019

The Man In The White Van.

A vineyard mystery.

Funny that, but there are numerous white vans driving around the byroads of our vineyards. Vans owned by various wine estates used for fetching and carrying workers, grapes and tools.

Most of these vans look and sound identical. Perhaps the dealership had a special on a while back or it was a case of neighbourly envy or just to confuse yours truly. I only put vans into their correct ownership columns once they are close enough for me to read the number plates. Oh yes, once I read those numbers, I know. The trick is for the vans to get close enough for me to get control over my eyes. Darn things have changed vision strength.

Of course Bob drives a white van for work too. Yes, one of those above. Many a times have I blown kisses at a passing white van only to have realized once I saw some startled faces, that eh, it wasn't Bob. Awkward indeed which makes me now a bit more cautious...only once I see the number plate do I wave or blow kisses. Eh, Bob doesn't drive the van all the time either!!!

This morning while walking with the gals the choice of blowing kisses or not at another passing white van was taken out of my hands...the hooter was engaged in a few quick toots by my wonderful husband. He waved and blew kisses at me too even though his co-workers were in the van with him. Great kudos with the gals as it isn't a given that a husband still cares enough to hoot and blow kisses...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment