Wednesday 10 April 2019

The Queen, Family & A Plumber.

A visit was planned.

It just goes to show how bizarre life can be. Not that The Queen would ever come and visit but one never knows. What am I talking about? Well, the required spring clean before any of the above come to visit.

Thankfully we managed to get a date with our plumber. Plumbers are in short supply the world over and one can only hope to evade any plumbing emergencies where instant professional assistance is required. With such a dearth of plumbers it makes no sense that the youngens still want to be lawyers, doctors, start-up owners and Instagram stars especially when the real money is in trades.

The minute I found out on Monday that our plumber would visit this morning, I set about organizing a cleaning schedule for both bathrooms. We needed him for both sinks but then I thought that perhaps he might do a spot of peak-a-boo and inspect any and all water appliances which translated to me cleaning toilets, showers and kitchen sinks in minute detail.

As I was scrubbing away I reflected on my stupidity of only getting into cleaning mode for visitors, who really only spend a small amount of time here instead of cleaning with minute precision for us, the permanent lodgers! The irony is that tradesmen don't notice dirt as much as we do ourselves. I mean, when was the last time you went to visit someone and instead of talking with them you took note of the state of their cleanliness? Doesn't happen, or does it?

Hopefully my myopic view of keeping a pristine home will balance out but in the meantime, there are still a few family visits in store for me to go unleash my cleaning alter ego...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment