Monday 1 April 2019

Our Toilet Overfloweth At Half Past Four This Morning.

Oh what fun indeed.

For once I was in the deepest of slumber over yonder in Australia. Don't ask me why but somehow my dreamworld had that distinct Australian scented English. Oh Bruce & Sheila....! Well, my dream changed quickly into Eisenberg reality when Bob came running in dropping a high pitch string of words, forming a sentence which nobody wants to hear at half past four in the morning;

" Oh my god, where is the bucket? Quick, help me. The toilet is overflowing and I can't get it to stop! "
It took me a second to shake off the cobwebs, another to curse the timing of it ( my brother in law, plumber by trade, will be here in two weeks time ), curse the ineptitude of men and their expectation of us to fix it ie, wipe the floor of the good old brown stuff and why on earth does he have to use the loo that early in the morning. These thoughts chased each other in circles as I hot footed it to the other bathroom for the requested bucket, steeling myself in anticipation of wiping up the spoils of our loo! Nice start to my day.

Bob, was sprinting like a young buck ahead of me and as I rounded the corner with dread and faced the most unbelievable sight, he stopped and shouted:

" April fools ! Got you, he, he, he ! "

Well, kudos where it's due. He really trumped all other April fools attempts and honestly, it will be hard for me to top that one...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment