Wednesday 13 November 2019

A Missed Call.

The imagination abounds.

My old, let's call it analogue ( pre smartphone a.k.a. texting and phoning device ) phone has many uses. Pocket warmer, time keeper, alarm clock and occasional telephone. Like last night for example. I had been out in the afternoon and had taken my cell phone with me, like one should. But herein lies the problem. When I got home I left the phone in my bag which in turn was left in the front bedroom. Out of sight and out of mind.

Hours later, when we turned in for bed I took my phone out in order to set the alarm. Oh dear, a missed call. A local lass had phoned early evening and of course I didn't hear it ring. As I only noticed this missed call at ten o'clock, I couldn't return it until today.

Early this morning I told Bob about missing this lass's call and both of us started on a train of thought with three different options in regards for her reason for phoning us.

  1. She wants me to help with the Christmas bazaar as she is one of the organizers.
  2. She needs some help with computer stuff.
  3. She wants us to help her cook vegan. Her husband was talking to us about it a while ago.
So there we were, speculating on why she phoned. Bob tended to go for option 1 while I was giddy with excitement about option 3. Off to work Bob went but it was still to early to return her call. When nine o 'clock beckoned I deemed it a polite time ( have you noticed how most people don't care what time of day or night they phone ) to phone her. Which I did, albeit with a bit of nervousness about perhaps being roped into lengthy craft preparations.

Weeeellll, how about that. When she answered my call and after I had explained to her my tardy return call and also asked her how I could be of help, she started to laugh ( with some embarrassment ) while telling me;

" Oh hi Biggi. Thanks for phoning back, but sorry, I pressed the wrong name in my address book. I hope you are well though? "
Oh, doesn't that just highlight both of our very lively, active and elaborate imaginations...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment