Saturday 9 November 2019

Feline Telepathy.

The mental word has spread.

If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would have never believed it. Only a few moments ago I happened to glance out the kitchen window expecting to see our feral boy sitting patiently underneath our car awaiting mummy to bring him food. Well, he was near the car but in a stance that clearly meant business. A defensive stance as only a feral boy could pull off.

Knowing that something must have upset him enough to strike the pose, I peeped out the lounge window expecting to find a big crow or some such sticking out their tongue at him. But no. Far from it. Another cat almost identical to him was in our yard, clearly on the hunt for the now infamous spread we provide.

Where do these cats find out about us? Clearly they must communicate in some way to help each other out. Winter is coming and I suspect that nature's buffet for felines has also dwindled. Birds are dwindling, mice are somehow outnumbered and with that the chances for feral cats to survive the upcoming winter are not that great unless they find their way into our yard!

As all the feral trespassers seem to have been male, it could perhaps have more to do with catching the eye of our Mausi sitting pretty in the window casting enticing glances at passing males...A sort of Dinner and a glance!

Most of us don't give animals enough credit for having feelings and intellect but the more time I spend with cats, the more in awe I am of them and animals as a whole.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment